Thursday, March 12, 2009

How can I upload stuff faster on dial up?

I am trying to upload a video on youtube but my slow dial up connection takes to long and won't allow me to upload fully. And I do not have excess to hi-speed. So is there anything I can do to make my dial up a little faster?



Unfortunately dial-up has a max speed of 56kbs (kilobytes per second) which totally sucks and you can't improve this. I would look into other services like satellite internet, or 1X service (if it is offered in your area). While these alternatives are not as fast as true Hi-speed they are faster then dial-up.




You would change the compression or codec used to make the video. The video would become smaller and take less time to upload. Try searching the internet for small size video codecs.




No, there is no way. You need to get high-speed. Dial up gets close to no upload speed. Look into getting internet from your cellphone provider.




Move to a new house.

No comments:

Post a Comment