Thursday, March 12, 2009

I need help with my computer, possible virus?

Hello,


When i search for items on the internet when i click on the links that come up I am automatically redirected to something called... www.xxfindmyworldxx.com





What does this mean? I have windows defender and norton 2009. They both run smoothly.





Can you please help? I am very new to computers so please explain clearly!





Thank you!



could just be a problem with your hosts file, but to be sure,














reboot computer and when its booting up keep on pressing down the f8 key so it boots into safe mode,














then go to www.superantispyware.com download and run full scan Remove infections found














www.malwarebytes.org download and run quick scan remove infections found














www.lavasoft.com download and run ad aware free run full scan remove infections,




















problem solved, all of the above are free,








Windows defender is a piece of crap and norton 2009 is a scam Horrible resource hog that doesnt really find viruses,








good luck




I'm sorry, but I do not have an answer. I am however having the same exact problem. I cannot search the web at all without being redirected first to xxfindmyworldxx.com and then to what ever stupid site it desires to send me. Never, ever what I need or want.

No comments:

Post a Comment