Thursday, March 26, 2009

Why does my internet go soooo slow some days but other days it doesn

Sometimes the internet even shuts off and I have to wait like 5 minutes before I can try going back on it again, and it's really getting irritating. Like today, this morning my internet was fine, normal and everything and now it's going soooooo slow. This doesn't happen everyday though, only once in a while, and the last couple weeks it's been shutting off a lot. Why does it do this? Thanks.





BTW, I have Comcast High Speed.



Your comcast connection is shared with everyone on your branch, your neighbors and nearby businesses. So bandwidth can be eaten up pretty quickly if there's a lot of activity on your branch. I would call them every time it happens until they supply more bandwidth to your branch.





This is unlike FIOS where my connection to the Point of presents (POP) is dedicated and everyone on my block that has FIOS has their own connection.




With cable internet, you don't have your own dedicated line.


You share the same cable line with other people on the street or neighborhood.


So when there are a lot of people online, like at night when everyone is home, everyone has to share the same cable line so you have less bandwidth, so that's why it will slow down.




Do you set you computer on a pillow or bed or anything like that!? The battery heats up when put it on something like a pillow.I tried using the computer on my bed in my room and it was going SLOW! my mom told me the reason and now my computer acts normal! Another reason could be you have to much memory in your computer. Try deleting stuff you dont use but dont delete something your not sure about.





~~Hope this Helps~~




The internet connection speed is shared between various users.





Sometimes you get 1:3 speed or sometimes 1:2. (depends upon the broadband provider)




All depends on your provider. If there having problems you'll be having problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment