Monday, April 13, 2009

Does virtualization threaten CISCO

As virtual networks become more and more common, does a server centric network become obsolete?



IMO, I don't think so. The more and more you virtualize, you're really going to need a more robust and powerful switch with a powerful core running it. I believe though that you will see Cisco beef up their virtual switching products. I think it will begin to help them as well. Also, with their recent announcement of beginning to make unified computing platforms, which is a fancy way of saying "servers designed and built for virtualization", I believe you'll be able to get better hardware from them than you can Dell, and HP for virtualization. IMO I believe they'll begin to sweep up the competition for virtualization, except for IBM

No comments:

Post a Comment