Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Soo I going to college? Im going to be taking computer networking and technical support annd..?

from everyone I talked to that take the program they say that the programs all full of guys the class is ALL guys and in some cases there are 3 or 4 girls in other classes taking different programs?Should I still go through with it? I mean its not a passion of mine?I just want to go to school to get a decent job then when the time Is right go to uni to become a nurse (which that my passion) I just don fully trust myself with going to univ YET. This is soo depressing 2 years in a room filled with guys omg? I mean would you look at a girl differently if you and her were in a program dominated by men (considering youe a guy)



I went to college for this and yes it is dominated by guys. However there were a few girls. There were no differences in how we treated each other or how we looked at each other. In fact, it was kind of nice to have a girl or two in your classes. Mixed things up a little. You'll be fine, but I don't see why you don't just go straight to Nursing if that is what you really want to do....




There is nothing wrong with women going into the IT field. It does tend to be dominated by men though. You are going to have to get used to being around all the guys more then they are around you. Expect a LOT of attention, maybe even more than you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment