Monday, April 13, 2009

How do you delete an ad hoc network?

I connected to an ad hoc network about a month ago in an airport when trying to connect to my FaceBook. It didn't work but I noticed that afterwards I could still see the network in my "Connect to a Network" thing. How do I remove the notification of the ad hoc network.





I run Windows Vista on a laptop.



If you created the ad hoc connection it will still be there in case you want to connect to it again. If you connected to it, it shouldn't still display but it may just be that it's a stored connection. In any case go to "manage wireless networks" in the network and sharing center and just delete it. It should stop showing then.

1 comment:

  1. TO disable

    COmmand Prompt Line

    netsh wlan add filter permission=denyall networktype=adhoc

    To enable again

    netsh wlan del filter permission=denyall network=adhoc

    ReplyDelete